Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Approaching my project in a lab setting

I have a couple ideas about how to continue with my project in a laboratory setting. I need to experiment with different lighting for the subjects as I shoot them. I also must build some sort of housing for the subjects. The housing is required so that the background is kept constant though out each picture as I will be overlaying multiple images into one final image. The focus of the final image should be the one subject(ice cube, flower) not the changing backgrounds. I was thinking of building a box out of wood and lining the box with either a white sheet or white poster board. The subject could be placed in the center of the box and the camera held at the same position on a tripod.

I could plan an test run with different backgrounds and see which one provides the most interesting way to view change over time. Should the background change, will this create a more engaging way to frame time? Or in contrast should the background be plain?

No comments: